Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre
In this article, we will explain how to synchronize products from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre using Woomelly for WordPress. The synchronization requires following several additional steps, which we will detail to ensure a correct synchronization. It’s not necessary to send all your WooCommerce products to Mercado Libre; you can set up only those you wish to “export” at this time. Woomelly offers four (4) types of synchronization that you can use at any time, and they mainly differ in the scope of the synchronization.
→ Connection Templates (preliminary step)
→ Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Bulk (General)
→ Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Individual
→ Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Product Listing
→ Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Automatic
Connection Templates (preliminary step)
To carry out these synchronizations, WooCommerce products must have connection templates assigned. Without this preliminary step, it will not be possible to send your WooCommerce products to Mercado Libre. Also, if you want to synchronize variable WooCommerce products by creating listings with variations, you must have linked the variable attributes in case of having variations.
If you have a new account on Mercado Libre, you need to create a test listing directly from the platform to verify if you meet all the requirements to create listings in the store. Later, this test listing can be deleted or paused.
Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Bulk (General)
Currently, we are working on a new, more optimized process that will replace the current “BULK SYNCHRONIZATION FROM WOOCOMMERCE TO MERCADO LIBRE” process. You can access it from the WordPress admin menu that appears at the top of the store and let us know your opinion by sending an email to email@example.com. Your opinion is very important to us.
This synchronization is recommended to export your listings from Mercado Libre to WooCommerce for the first time. After this synchronization, you can use automatic, individual, or product listing synchronization to keep the information updated. This synchronization is quite straightforward, as it creates or updates listings based on the products you have decided to send to Mercado Libre.
You can use this synchronization as many times as you wish, but it’s especially recommended for the first synchronization and when you need to update all your listings due to price adjustments or failures in other synchronizations.
Before running this synchronization, we recommend disabling automatic synchronization if you have it activated to avoid affecting the performance of your WooCommerce store. It’s normal for your browser screen to freeze during the process, but you can perform other activities in another tab. The time it takes will depend on the number of listings and the service provided by your hosting.
There’s no limit to products to export, but it may fail at some point if you have more than 10.000 products, and you may need to restart the process, which will be faster in that case.
It is recommended to use the Mozilla/Firefox browser for this type of synchronization, as it will allow you to see progress without issues. You can also use Chrome, but sometimes the progress may not update even if the synchronization is ongoing.
Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Individual
This synchronization is used to update only the data of a listing related to a WooCommerce product. It’s basically used on two (2) occasions:
- Solely to update data after having previously synchronized with Mercado Libre using any of the existing methods.
- When you have an existing listing on Mercado Libre and want to maintain the connection with the WooCommerce product.
In the latter case, you need to follow a series of preliminary steps to correctly configure both elements. Although it’s always advisable to export it as a new product, especially if you work with listings with variations.
Next, we explain the steps to connect existing listings on Mercado Libre with WooCommerce products.
Can you only import your own listings?
Not necessarily. You can also import listings that aren’t yours and send them to your WooCommerce store with a different assigned code. If you need to do this step, contact technical support and provide the URL of the listing you want to import.
Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Product Listing
This synchronization specializes in synchronizing a set of products without affecting the performance of your WooCommerce store. We recommend using a maximum of 50 products per synchronization. As in the previous case, your products must have been previously connected through a bulk (general) synchronization, either manually or automatically.
If you haven’t done it yet, we recommend setting up your listings as described in “Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Individual“.
Synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre: Automatic
For more details about this synchronization, click this link. Remember that automatic synchronization works in cycles that divide all products into groups, and you define the execution time. This process is additional to the process that checks sales and updates stock, which operate independently.
Still have questions?
– What feature should a WooCommerce product have to be able to synchronize with Mercado Libre?
By default, a WooCommerce product cannot be sent to Mercado Libre unless it has a connection template. Having a connection template is a mandatory requirement for a product to be considered in the synchronization from WooCommerce to Mercado Libre. However, other features are also taken into account, as mentioned below:
- The WooCommerce product must have a “published” status or a “private” status in the store. These are the only statuses taken into account when selecting a product for synchronization.
- The WooCommerce product must have stock, price, title, and images. Mercado Libre does not allow the publication of out-of-stock products or products with prices below the minimum required in each country. Additionally, the product must have a name or title and have images.
- As mentioned several times, the product must have a Woomelly connection template. This template contains the Mercado Libre category in which it will be published and much of the business logic required by Mercado Libre, such as the type of listing, the sales condition, and the type of shipping.
- The synchronization status of the product or connection template must be “active for synchronization.” It’s possible to skip products individually or through connection templates indicating that you do not want to consider them in synchronization. These fields are activated by default, but depending on the type of product, it may not be advisable to send it to Mercado Libre.
- The Woomelly plugin has a configuration that allows limiting the synchronization of products according to WooCommerce categories and/or attributes. If these fields have values, products must meet these conditions to synchronize.